Monday, October 04, 2010

Can You Bless My Dog?


Saturday, October 2nd, I was a part of a wonderful experience. The annual Interfaith Blessing of the Animals in Long Beach in association with Justin Rudd. I just love the community projects and events that Justin hosts (My kids participate in the Saturday beach clean up).

Saturday, I knew that I would enjoy being around all of the animals, but this was more exciting than I had imagined. I've always had a dog or cat in my life growing up, so I was really looking forward to it. Little did I realize that I would leave, just as blessed as the animals had been that day.

I got doggie kisses from a beautiful poodle with red ribbons and a good hand lick from Lola the bull dog. There were so many animals, it's now hard to remember all the names. But I do remember how great I felt during the event. The love the animals had for their owners and the love the owners had for their 2 or 4 legged family members was just great.

I look forward to being a part of this great blessing event, every year that I can.

No comments: